Skip to main content

Reflection #3



Link to Seesaw: https://web.seesaw.me/


The tool that I looked at was Seesaw. Seesaw seems like a really engaging website/tool to use in class! It follows the TLC model we talked about in class today on many levels because of the versatility and different activities available.

On the website, there are daily activities that provide teachers with ideas for activities that cover the entire spectrum of subjects and topics. This relates to the Teaching aspect of TLC because it provides teachers with planning support and ideas for the classroom that are both functional and meaningful to students. Seesaw allows for immediate feedback from students, which assists in assessment and recognizing misconceptions in the days lessons so the teacher can focus on those areas the next day, or even pause the lesson to check in at that moment. Seesaw allows for teachers to see strengths and areas for growth in real time so they can differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.

On Seesaw, students have the ability to create. They can take pictures of their work, create drawings that represent their learning, and record videos with commentary to explain their thinking. This is a great connection with the Learning portion of the TLC model, as students use these tools to cement their learning in varied ways. Students also create portfolios to showcase their work that can be shared with the teacher, classmates, and parents. Seesaw allows a lot of choice for students in how they convey their knowledge and provides a space for reflection and ownership of learning.

One of the favorite aspects I discovered about Seesaw was the 'Seesaw Family' portion. This allows parents to see the progress of their children during class time as well as gain deeper understanding into their thinking and approaches to school work.
















Comments

  1. This seems like a great tool! Thanks Nicole. It seems like something we can all use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Madison. This seems like a great tool! It almost seems like a Canvas+...?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection #2

How can the SAMR model assist you in integrating with intention? "...E ducational technology does make learning visible, it is the teacher that makes learning meaningful," This quote really helped put integrating technology in the classroom into perspective for me. I think that by discussing the progression of the SAMR model helps clarify integrating with intention. Remembering that just like the levels of Blooms, so too, must we scaffold the use of technology in our classes. I also think that looking at the SAMR model forces us to analyze the effectiveness of the digital activities which we choose to implement, and highly consider the time each new technology will take to teach/enforce with the outcome we will get form using it.  Which analogy for SAMR do you find most helpful?  For me, I think the analogy of surfing was the most helpful in remembering the SAMR model because I came up with it. I like that my surfing model started with the floating person, because float...

#1 Reflection

Before reading through today's information on each website and watching Frontline's Digital Nation, I had a different spin on what I thought media literacy meant. While the aspects touched on in both the film and the websites pertain to what my idea of media literacy was, my thoughts on the topic were much more specific and "tunnel-visioned." In my mind, the concept of media literacy really only focused on one's ability to retrieve, evaluate and analyze information presented in a variety of media platforms. However, after looking at the resources today, I have begun to understand that media literacy has much more depth to it than I originally thought. I think that by utilizing the skills gained by being more literate in this sense is an essential life skill within a 21st century society.  I think that the "state" of our digital nation is something that I have given a lot of thought to, but on a very surface-level. Today's video really made...