GoConqr is a personal learning environment that allows students & teachers to create, discover and share learning resources. Goconqr includes study tools to create Mind Maps, Flashcards, Notes and Quizzes. With GoConqr, you can build engaging material with the learning apps available on the website, as well as combine them into your courses.
The website itself was a little overwhelming because of the vast majority of resources that were available.
For students, GoConqr also provides access to online resources that suit various learning styles.They can create media-rich study materials that display old information in vibrant new ways. They can choose from Flashcards, Flowcharts, Notes, Slides, Quizzes, and Mind Maps, or combine them all to make a complete Course, so it's almost like a combination of multiple other websites we've worked with.
This applies to the 'L' aspect of the TLC model, because students work collaboratively in many ways to create new products as well as review material in engaging and meaningful ways.
I don't see myself using this very often in my future classes, as it was a little overwhelming. Maybe with further exploration I would change my mind.

Nicole, this seems pretty cool! I haven't checked it out yet, so thank you for that. I agree it seems like it could be overwhelming, but maybe one you got used to the site it would be better?
ReplyDeleteYa, I feel like with any of these new tools that's probably the case!
DeleteHey, first, I had a hard time reading this font style. I don't have the best vision, but it was difficult for me to actually focus on the letters. It seems like this tool has a big focus on the personal learning environment that we learned about on Monday. That's a concept I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around; what would a PLE look like with this tool?
ReplyDeleteSorry about the font...I like it! I have no idea what a PLE would look like around this actually, but it's something to consider. I was only looking from a student standpoint but it might be a super useful tool for PLE's....I just think there might be less daunting ones out there than this...
Delete