How Basecamp works.
Basecamp helps you increase accountability, communicate more efficiently, and keep everyone on the same page. The web page allows people/students to check in with team and group members whenever they need to, so being with each other isn't necessary to work on projects. Teachers and students can create "to do" lists for assignments, tasks, and due dates and will send reminders when they approach. If projects become overdue, Basecamp will send followup reminders until you "complete" the item. Students can embed links and videos into their groups, and can share their links publicly (with the class or whoever) when/if they choose to. The list below includes other aspects included in the Basecamp website.
- Calendar
- Interactive Charts
- Project Templates
- Scheduling
- Add Recurring Tasks
- Set Priorities
- Task History
- To-Do List
- Create Teams/Groups
- Document Management
- Forums
- Messaging or Instant Messaging
- Social Collaboration Platform
- Track Project Hours
While I didn't look too deeply in the website, I know that there is a paid version, so I'm not sure how much you can realistically access with the free version. Also, I don't think there is an app for this website, so accessibility could be an issue for working from home if students do not have an actual computer. I'm not sure that I would implement this website into my classroom, as I worry about the accessibility factor. I also think that this website is geared towards older students and/or adults and professionals, rather than elementary-aged students.
Great reflection! Good job. I might try this out.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like a Canvas sort of tool...
ReplyDeleteI didn't think about that but yea, kinda! I feel like it's a bit more intuitive than canvas and definitely more personalized.
Delete